Updated: 09 September 2009
Make a quick and simple scrunchy charm bracelet
Use a scrunchy charm bracelet base to create Michelle Powell’s quick and funky design.
For a quick fashion fix, thread beads onto headpins and attach to a scrunch style elasticated charm bracelet. Don’t forget the shiny heart charm for a touch of bling! Teenagers will love to make this funky and effective but easy to create bracelet.
GATHER THESE SUPPLIES
- 6 18mm teal glass beads
- 6 star shaped glass beads
- 5 6mm crystal bicones
- 5 8mm silver pearls
- 22 3mm silver beads
- 17 head pins silver coloured
- Silver scrunchy bracelet
- Large silver heart charm
SHOPPING GUIDE Beads - Hobbycraft – 0800 027 2387 www.hobbycraft.co.ukScruchy bracelet - JillyBeads - 01524 412728 www.jillybeads.co.ukSilver heart charm - Beadtime - 01784 252438 www.beadtime.co.uk
- Thread a small silver bead, a teal glass bead and another small silver bead onto a head pin. Turn a loop at the top, attaching it to one of the loops on the charm bracelet as you go.
- Repeat to add the other five teal beads, spacing them evenly around the bracelet.
- Add a star bead to a head pin, turn a loop and attach to the bracelet between the teal beads (allowing room for another dangle in each gap). Repeat to attach all six star head pins.
- Add a pearl bead and a crystal bead to a head pin, turn a loop and attach to the bracelet next to the star beads. Repeat to add just five of these.
- Attach the large silver heart to one of the jump rings on the bracelet where the sixth crystal dangle would have been. Remove any unused jump rings to finish.