Peaches ‘n’ cream
Updated: 01 February 2010
Make a pretty handbag charm in natural shades of cream
Make a charming chunky handbag accessory in dreamy cream shades with Michelle Powell
I love jewellery and sparkly bits, so I can’t resist the urge to bling up my bags too! This simple handbag charm uses rich cream suede cord to hang a variety of beads and dangles from a large statement metal ring. Add a length of cord to the top instead of the lobster clasp to make a chunky rustic cluster necklace.
GATHER THESE SUPPLIES
- 1 large metal filigree ring
- 1 ceramic donut
- 1 ceramic square bead
- 1 shell flower bead
- 1 crochet bead
- 3 crystal ring beads in topaz
- 70cm cream suede cord
- 20cm thin wire
- 1 large lobster clasp
- Cut 10cm of cord, fold in half and thread through one of the hole in the metal ring. Thread the ends back trough the loop to create a half hitch knot.
- Pass the two ends through the loop in the lobster clasp and fold back. Wrap with narrow wire securing the ends tightly.
- Knot one end of the 60cm piece of cord, thread on a crochet bead. Thread through one of the crystal rings beads (through the centre not the small hole), through a loop on the metal ring and back through the ring bead.
- Thread on the ceramic donut bead, back through the ring bead, through the metal loop and through the ring bead.
- Repeat threading on the flower bead and ring bead together so that the ring bead looks like the flower centre. Thread back through the top ring bead, metal ring and ring bead again.
- Thread a ring bead and a square ceramic bead onto the last thread and knot. Alter the lengths of each element so that they hand nicely. Trim the cord ends if necessary.
Metal ring – Bijoux Beads - www.bijouxbeads.co.uk
Crystal rings and crochet bead - JillyBeads - 01524 412728 www.jillybeads.co.uk
Ceramic beads - Creative Beadcraft - 01494 778818 - www.creativebeadcraft.co.uk