Vintage blue earrings
Updated: 03 March 2010
Crochet a pair of vintage style earrings
Make a pair of earrings to match Jane Platt’s vintage style necklace.
Use two metal rings from a length of open chain to create the base for these quick and easy crochet earrings.
GATHER THESE SUPPLIES
- 1 Reel of Anchor teal cotton pearl
- 2 topaz seed beads
- 2 8mm antiqued gold bead caps
- 4 5mm antiqued gold jump rings
- 20cm antiqued gold chain
- 1 pair antiqued gold earring wires
- 2 2cm rings
- Beading needle
- Crochet hook size 1
- Round nosed pliers
- Blunt ended needle
- To crochet the ring, make a slipknot, put the hook through the centre of the ring, wrap yarn around the hook, pull hook back through, wrap yarn around hook and pull through the two loops. This is the first stitch made.
- Repeat until the ring is completely covered. Join to the first stitch with a slipstitch. Chain three, miss one stitch and work a treble in the next one. Continue around the ring working a treble into every other stitch.
- Slipstitch into the first chain of the chain three. Cut a long tail around 20cm and pull through the last stitch. Thread a blunt ended needle onto the ‘tail’ and pick up one loop of the next treble stitch. Continue threading the tail through every other treble.
- Work your way around the ring. When you get back to the beginning gently but firmly pull the tail to gather the stitches together. Go around the ring twice in the same stitches as before pulling firmly as you go.
- Thread a beading needle onto the tail and sew on a bell cap, with a little bead to attach it to the crocheted ring in the centre. Thread through back of work and cut adding a drop of glue to secure.
- Take two 5mm antiqued gold jump rings and attach them through the crocheted ring approximately 7mm apart.
- Before closing attach both ends of the 10cm of antiqued gold chain. Thread this through your ear wires and close.
Antique gold findings from - www.beadsdirect.co.uk
- 01509 218028
Cotton pearl, various size curtain rings from any haberdashery store.